Perhaps, in a flash of inspiration, a clever and witty — yet brief and informative — biographical paragraph will appear here. So far, my mind is blank, so this will have to do…
My name is Rebecca Caraway Prewett. Several times in the past, after introducing myself online, I received quick email queries: “Are you that Rebecca Prewett?” Should you be wondering the same thing, my answer is…maybe. But that’s being obnoxiously coy of me, so let me hasten to admit that each time the question has been posed thus far, the answer has turned out to be “yes”.
A few random factoids:
- I have more than the socially acceptable number of children, all of whom are now adults. They are now providing me with world’s most amazing grandchildren.
- I’m older than I used to be, and the pictures on the top of this page are already terribly outdated and getting more so by the moments, and are in desperate need of replacing.
- This isn’t my first blog
- I’ve changed my mind about a lot of things.
- I believe in beginning anew, starting over, second – and maybe even 102nd — chances, and new blogs.
- I used to teach martial arts.
- Some of my wandering involves hiking and taking pictures, including goofy ones of myself.
- I’ve been through some rough stuff, and I’ve blogged about a few difficult, painful things.
- I consider myself a Jesus-follower. Unfortunately, sometimes — hence the title of my blog — I’m prone to wander. Other times, Jesus has to carry me…or maybe even drag me. But my deepest desire is to stop wandering away and, instead, follow Him more and more closely.
- In September 2020, I joyfully entered the Byzantine Catholic Church, which is in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. I’m still in awe that God — and some very special people He sent my way over the years — never stopped wooing and pursuing me.
Love your candor and humor ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi! Thanks for following http://www.christiancounselorpastor.wordpress.com Look forward to your return visits and comments.
Hi! Didn’t see this message portion, so I’ll comment for all to see. I see you found another of our blogs and thank you for following http://www.lifeistoughbutgodalwaysmakesaway.wordpress.com Look forward to seeing you there and receiving your welcome comments.